‘Last Mile Delivery’ is our favourite three-word combo and a service that Drive Yello offers its business customers – BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN YOU ASK?
The ‘last mile’ is the final leg of a products journey from when it leaves the warehouse or storefront to when it lands in the hands of the customer. Name makes sense now doesn’t it!
It can be the most expensive and complex part of the delivery process, yet arguably it is the most important and ‘Last Mile Delivery’’ is the courier service that fulfils that final part of the journey.
With a continued surge of shoppers heading online to purchase their flowers, food, fashion, tech and more – customers expectation for near-instant delivery is growing – making ‘Last Mile Delivery’ a must have offering for businesses.
“I regularly shop online and will often select the next day delivery option, as three-five working days no longer feels fast.
“When shopping, speed of delivery and price are the two main considerations affecting my purchasing decision, I will often abandon my basket and look elsewhere if I’m unable to get the product quickly,” a customer commented.
HOW DOES THIS BENEFIT YOUR BUSINESS?
- On-demand delivery provides freedom to schedule deliveries when the customer is available – eliminating the need to make second and third attempts
- Meet customers’ expectations for same day delivery and gain their loyalty, leading to repeat business
- Improves customer experience
- Location based crowdsource models connect businesses with a team of couriers to provide near-instant delivery options in busy metro areas
- Speedy delivery provides a competitive advantage
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF BEING A ROAMING DRIVER or RIDER?
- Single pick up requests posted to the Driver & Rider Marketplace
- Delivery fees based on distance banding
- Flexible working hours
- Improve your own driver business
- Build your reputation and profile
- Help businesses provide same-day delivery on everything from gifts to flowers, groceries and beyond
- All products fully insured
As competition increases, with Amazon Prime launching in Australia, now is the time for retailers to get their delivery logistics in place to ensure they can offer and fulfil an efficient last mile, on demand or same-day delivery service.
Drive Yello has just launched our new Yello Delivery App which allows businesses to efficiently manage ‘Last Mile Delivery’ logistics to meet the ever-increasing customer demand.
Just post your on-demand requests to the Yello Marketplace to find qualified and rated drivers and riders. Helping reduce delivery times, management costs and increase customer satisfaction.
Sign up to the new Yello Delivery App and start delivering today!