Join our team and experience Yello!
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing. At Yello, we’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of home delivery.
We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have a great time, too. In fact, we run Yello with that principle in mind every day.
Yello is the premium provider of services that drive efficiencies through every stage of the customer order to delivery process. Currently, Yello helps cafes, restaurants and fast food vendors efficiently manage their home delivery and helps people find new working opportunities.
Yello’s B2B logistics solution is comprised of mobile applications for drivers and a web application for businesses.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for achieving sales quota by acquiring new customers. The BDM represents the entire suite of Yello products and services while leading the customer engagement planning cycle and ensuring customers’ needs and expectations are met by Yello.
This includes face to face appointments, attending events, conducting product demonstrations, account planning, forecasting and effectively managing a pipeline in Yello’s CRM.
The BDM seeks to extract maximum value from all engagements with prospective customers, generating positive outcomes for them and Yello. This should include a high new business closure rate, as well as utilisation across the suite of Yello service offerings.
- Successfully close business and on-board new customers
- Build and maintain high-level contacts with customers to secure new business opportunities
- Demonstrated focus and commitment to measured results
- Attend appointments with decision makers to effectively demonstrate Yello, clearly articulating the product’s benefit to their business
- Generate suitable commercial deals that are in line with established pricing
- Monitoring and facilitating the customer’s adoption of Yello’s SaaS platform
- Understanding client business needs as they relate to our products/services
- Work with the Customer Engagement team & Commercial Director to identify & resolve all issues that could impact satisfaction
- Assess client requirements against existing platforms/processes to ensure the client takes advantage of Yello’s best practices
- Ensure customer satisfaction through follow-up, client responsiveness, and thorough communication
- 5 years minimum new business generation experience with a proven track record of closing deals
- Proven ability to work with and sell to multiple stakeholders within organisations
- Ability to prioritise and meet fixed deadlines
- Strong commercial acumen with an in-depth knowledge of sales cycles
- Ability to manage multiple clients and tasks simultaneously
- Strong internal communication skills including ability to work with all levels of the organisation
- Honesty and integrity in all job responsibilities
- Positive & energetic self-starter who is results driven
- Results-oriented approach with a “can do” attitude and a passion for the details and continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to run meetings, give product presentations & host webinars
- Excellent organisation, time management, and communication skills
- Service industry experience a plus
This is a rare opportunity to become part of one of Australia’s fastest growing tech companies and to join a team that is going global!
If you think you are the right person for the job, please write us a cover letter and attach your resume using the form to the right.